Sunday, June 17, 2007

Exposé Forthcoming

I live in a student dormitory. One that in some way is related to the Catholic Church. The only noticeable impact this has had on my life is the imposition of a metal cross on the wall above my bed. In a pinch it (cross) could probably be used as a dagger. It's a convenient setup - very close to where I work (see map), a decent population of students that are usually willing to go on a walk through the city to get something to eat, or explain semi-calmly why what I tried to say in German is so funny to them. We live together on the second floor, which owing to Austria being in Europe, means you start counting after you've been up a set of stairs.

Far more interesting, however, are the goings on in the FIRST floor. To properly present it, I really need to take some pictures (hence post title). However, I'll try and at least set the stage with words. The floor is occupied entirely by an all-male German Catholic organization. All residents I've seen thus far fall between the ages of 18 and 25, and wear strange uniforms that bring to mind the old guy that is the "Pack Leader" for the Cub Scouts so still needs to wear the uniform but looks very odd in so doing. Standard accessories that i've seen include a tie, what can only be referred to as a sash, and a garish hat that could be worn into battle. All of this is mildly amusing, but what pushes it to the level of interesting is what goes on Saturday nights. I don't know what duties their standard work week requires, but every saturday night they unleash and absolute rager. 2 kegs, a cachet of empty bottles, and at least 5 bikes on the landing are regular sights on my sunday exit into the world proper. Last night i got home late and had to dodge 2 incapacitated bodies on my way up the stairs.

Next week I will make efforts to earn their trust before Saturday. And then I will get batteries for my camera.

In other news I solved the mystery of the haunted bathroom. It is a handicap bathroom, and the light is not on a timed sensor like every other light in the building. When it is left on at night, so be it.

There should be another album of pictures up later today that I took last week. I'll post the link on a second post, so it looks like I actually add to this regularly.

No comments: